- Photoshop > Windows > Layers > Create new fill or adjustment layer >
- Photoshop > Menus > Layer > New Adjustment Layer >
- Finger - Click and drag finger on the image to modify the curve
- Sample the black point Sample the grey point
- Sample the white point (Press Opt to display clipping preview)
- Edit points to modify the curve
- Draw to modify the curve
- Smoothe the curve values
- Calculate a more accurate histogram
- Create clipping mask
- View previous state (or \)
- Reset to defaults
- Toggle layer visibility
- Delete adjustment layer
- Horizontal axis is the input, vertical axis is output. So to lighten shadows move the shadow point up.
- The Auto button holds a lot of options. Ctrl + Click opens the options, or get to it from the top right menu. There is also a section to match the darkest and lightest points to another image, but make sure the layer icon is highlighted and not the mask. 01,
- Can take colour casts out of an image by editing each channel separately to bring the white point and black point to the lightest and darkest points in the histogram. 01,
- There is an add clipping mask icon below curves to automatically clip it to the layer below. 01,
- The Hand icon gives an eyedropper to select a colour, which shows up as a point on the curves, which can be adjusted up and down with the cursor, or use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to make small adjustments.
- Master Curves from Start to Finish in Photoshop by PiXimperfect
- Photoshop Curves Tool: 6 Techniques Every Photographer Must Know by Techradar article.
- Build Amazingly Creative Looks Using Curves in Photoshop by PiXimperfect video.
- Curves Adjustment Tricks - Colour Correction and Colour Marching - Photoshop Training Channel video.
- Curves - Comprehensive article by Natalia Taffarel.
- Milk and Chocolate Skin Colour in Photoshop by Nemanja Sekulic video and Make a metal-like or solarised effect on skin 01 (6:27),
- If there is space to the right of the curve with no tones in it you can drag the bottom highlight slider to the left to brighten the whole image. If you press the ALT key while you do this you will see the image detail shown up when you start to loose it. Ref.
Darks Lighter Darks Darker Lights Lighter Lights Darker