- Photoshop > Windows > Layers >
- The effects created by Blending Modes usually appear far too strong until the Opacity Slider is used to reduce the effect.
- The Fill Slider usually has just the same effect as the Opacity Slider, however, with certain Blending Modes the effect is very different and acts like a strength slider. Here the Opacity Slider can be used in combination with it. This makes many more Blending Modes usable and useful. (Ref).
- There are also interesting effects when Layer Effects are applied to Text.
- The following Blending Modes work well with Fill -
- Colour Burn
- Linear Burn
- Colour Dodge
- Linear Dodge
- Vivid Light
- Linear Light
- Hard Mix
- The Blend Mode Slider You Never Used | Photoshop Secrets - Video by PiXimperfect
- Opacity vs Fill - Difference and Advantages in Photoshop - Video by Nemanja Sekulic
- The Difference Between Opacity and Fill in Adobe Photoshop - Video by Seeklens
- Fill Vs Opacity Layer - Video by Phlearn
- Difference Between Fill and Opacity in Photoshop and How to Exploit It - Video by PiXimperfect