- Changing backgrounds is the most basic step in making composite pictures.
- How to Match Colours in Photoshop - Match Foreground and Background Colours by Nemanja Sekulic
- Building the Dramatic Portrait by Joel Grimes
- 5 Steps to Make a Flat Background Look Realistic! by PiXimperfect.
Editing Studio Backgrounds
- Remove Background Shadows in Photoshop Using Apply Image and Content Aware Tool by PSDESIRE
- How to Clean Wrinkly Backdrops in Photoshop by PIXImperfect
- Joel Grimes shoots wide angle backgrounds to edit into his composites.
Creating Abstract Backgrounds
- Abstract Twisted Light Fibres Effect Photoshop Tutorial - Video by tutvid.
- Liquid Paint Marbling Effect in Photoshop - Video by Dansky.
- Abstract 3D Extrusion in Photoshop - Video by Corey Barker.
- Make Your Portraits Stand Out with Abstract Design - Video by PiXimperfect.
- Smoke effects behind and in front of subject.
- See Textures & Overlays.
- Etsy > LisPerrierArt - Backgrounds to buy.
- KCC Digital Backgrounds - A large collection of backgrounds to buy.