----------------- To edit
Commercial Photography: From Start to Finish by Joel Grimes
Lesson 22 HDR Backgrounds
Joel uses Photoshop to combine images but changes the image to 32 bit and then edits in Camera RAW before converting to 16 bit. Nik also does 32 bit well but Photomatix doesn't. Clarity especially works better in 32 bit than 16 bit.
- Bring shadows to +100 and highlights to -100 produces a pseudo-HDR effect. Alter Whites up a bit and Blacks down a bit to produce some highlight and shadow clipping. Increase Clarity eg +30 to increase mid tone contrast. Vibrance +50. Ref. [Also Lightroom]
Software I Have
- Photomatix Pro 5.14 - Current version is 6. The industry standard. Gareth Morris there’s a free version in this months practical photography - you can get it from this link hdrsoft.com/ppmagwith the code PPMAG2018 it's not the latest version but just as good. Downloaded March 2018. It works as a plugin for Photoshop. Saved in Library > Downloads.
An introduction to HDR photography (***) - YouTube (1hr 33min)
- 95% of his images are taken bracketing -2, 0, +2
- Lightroom, Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw will produce merged HDR images.
- Software NIK HDR Efex Pro, Photomatix (The industry standard)
- Topaz produces pseudo HDR (HDR from a single image)
- Vivacer to enhance image
- Creative RAW - Avoid the HDR Look, HDR Field Guide PDF (Downloaded),
Other Software & Techniques
- Seim HDR - Used in Lightroom from a single image *** $69.
- Simply HDR $9.99 -
- Aurora HDR - 2018 version for preorder. Also listed under Ps & Lr > Plugins.
- Creating HDR Panoramas - 01,
Single Image HDR Processing
- Photoshop > Adjustments > Image > HDR Toning
- NIK Collection > Single Image