- Contrast Blending Modes increase the contrast of the image in specific ways.
Contrast Blending Modes
- Overlay - Ignores everything that is 50% grey. Painting with black or white removes greys.
- Soft Light - A softer effect
- Hard Light - A harder effect and can change colours.
- Vivid Light
- Linear Light
- Pin Light
- Hard Mix
- Deletes everything that is 50% grey.
- Painting with black only darkens darker grey selectively. Painting with white only lightens lighter grey selectively. This is useful for refining Layer Masks.
Refining Masks with Overlay
- Using Overlay Blending Mode is particularly useful for removing greys from Masks and Channels, which themselves only consist of black, white and grey. This produces a much better selection.
- Painting in White turns light greys white.
- Painting with Black turns dark greys black.