- Dodging and Burning, Vignette, Editing Highlights, Lighting Styles, High Key, Neon Light Portraits, Sharpening, Workflow, Backgrounds
Tips and Tricks
- Use the Rotate Tool (CMD + R) to rotate the image when editing a closeup portrait to see it in a more abstract way as you can often see the image in different ways and can see the imperfections that you would have missed. (Phlearn).
Resources I Have
- Phlearn - Retouching 101-301. Video series downloaded.
- The Retouching Series by Pratik Naik
- PIXimperfect - YouTube,
- Gavin Seim - Alchemist is his Photoshop Actions programme. Website, YouTube, Facebook, Newsletter subscribed.
- Retouching Academy - Retouching education and industry news. Subscribed to their newsletter. Instagram. YouTube channel under Krunoslav Stifter.
- Pratik Naik - Under Solstice Retouch -, Website, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook,
- Nino Batista weekly retouching tutorials - YouTube, (Also listed under glamour)
- Sef McCullough - 01,
- Glamour Retouching Studio - Paid tutorials.
- Portrait Studio -
Portrait Editing Panels
- Free complete guide to retouching - https://fstoppers.com/bts/complete-guide-retouching-portraits-photoshop-free-98236 (***)
- Pinterest Search, 01,
- Photoshop - Face Recognition & Shaping - 01,
- Creative Live Training $29 -
- Portrait Pro Software -
- Imagenomic Plugin recommended in Stunning Digital Photography p126, $200.
- Portrait Studio -
- 70 Beauty Retouching Tutorials -
- Edit portraits like Annie Leibovitz - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VaE_P66ZflM - also search iTunes for similar
- Examples - 01,
- Luminosity Masks - an alternative to HDR processing - http://digital-photography-school.com/luminosity-masks-versus-hdr-software-creating-natural-looking-hdr-images/
- Lightroom - In the brush section use the Effects presets, which have a lot of selections, including Soften Skin. This is probably too much, so click on the black triangle to the right, which becomes and amount slider.
- Darkening skin - Photoshop is better than Lightroom as it doesn’t give the overall grey effect. Ref.
- Colour Grading - see Digital Photography School.
- Grungy portrait editing - 01,
- Soft and dreamy - 01,
- “It's one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it's another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” - Paul Caponigro