- Dodging and Burning, Vignette, Editing Highlights, Lighting Styles, High Key, Neon Light Portraits, Sharpening, Workflow, Backgrounds
Tips and Tricks
- Edit as much as you can with your RAW file by creating several copies and editing each one for one particular aspect and then masking them to create one final composite image. This can be done in Lightroom and then bring over all the virtual copies as Layers in Photoshop. (Ref)
- Use the Rotate Tool (CMD + R) to rotate the image when editing a closeup portrait to see it in a more abstract way as you can often see the image in different ways and can see the imperfections that you would have missed. (Phlearn).
- Phlearn - Retouching 101-301. Video series.
- Retouching Academy website, who also have a Retouching Panel and Vimeo Channel.
- The Retouching Series by Pratik Naik.
- PIXimperfect - YouTube,
- Gavin Seim - Alchemist is his Photoshop Actions programme. Website, YouTube, Facebook, Newsletter subscribed.
- Retouching Academy - Retouching education and industry news. Subscribed to their newsletter. Instagram. YouTube channel under Krunoslav Stifter.
- Pratik Naik - Under Solstice Retouch -, Website, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook,
- Nino Batista - Glamour and beauty photographer. Tutorial videos, Photoshop Plugins and Photoshop Actions.
- Sef McCullough - 01,
- Glamour Retouching Studio - Paid tutorials.
- Portrait Studio -
Portrait Editing Panels
- The Portrait Masters (***) - Courses on all aspects of portrait retouching.
- Free complete guide to retouching - https://fstoppers.com/bts/complete-guide-retouching-portraits-photoshop-free-98236 (***)
- Pinterest Search, 01,
- Photoshop - Face Recognition & Shaping - ,
- Creative Live Training $29 -
- Portrait Pro Software -
- Imagenomic Plugin recommended in Stunning Digital Photography p126, $200.
- Portrait Studio -
- 70 Beauty Retouching Tutorials -
- Edit portraits like Annie Leibovitz - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VaE_P66ZflM - also search iTunes for similar
- Examples - 01,
- Luminosity Masks - an alternative to HDR processing - http://digital-photography-school.com/luminosity-masks-versus-hdr-software-creating-natural-looking-hdr-images/
- Lightroom - In the brush section use the Effects presets, which have a lot of selections, including Soften Skin. This is probably too much, so click on the black triangle to the right, which becomes and amount slider.
- Darkening skin - Photoshop is better than Lightroom as it doesn’t give the overall grey effect. Ref.
- Colour Grading - see Digital Photography School.
- Grungy portrait editing - 01,
- Soft and dreamy - 01,
- An Easy Trick to Make Your Subject POP in Photoshop! - Video by PiXimperfect.
- “It's one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it's another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” - Paul Caponigro